I had an email this morning asking me to explain what the InstallShield Training DVDs are like. Well, if you have 35.5 hours, you can learn both Basic MSI and InstallScript development. There are some other project types thrown in there as well.
Here is why the InstallShield training course bundle is a good thing:
- The Basic MSI course is 21 hours, 32 minutes long.
- The InstallScript course is 14 hours, 5 minutes long.
- There is a small amount of overlap in the two courses. Mostly, it’s with the basics of installation development and Suite projects.
- All of the waiting time has been edited out, so there is no wasted time while watching.
- It’s like I’m looking over your shoulder, telling you what to do.
- Both courses have lots of examples.
- I don’t talk about what I had for breakfast because your friends are already telling you about their breakfasts on Twitter.
- Both courses assume you are an absolute beginner and take you from beginning through advanced topics.
- The videos were recorded at 1024×768. For the best video quality, you’ll want to watch them at a higher resolution than that.
- I made sure the audio quality is excellent, so it’ll sound great even on the worst speakers.
- Your mother will be so proud when you finally learn this stuff.
Again, 46% off March 19 through March 25, 2014.