I had a question on how to create a pure 64-bit installation. In the past, I have written several posts on creating dual-purpose 32-bit/64-bit installations. Here are those links:
64-Bit Installation Development in InstallShield – Introduction
64-Bit Installation Development in InstallShield – Scenario 1
64-Bit Installation Development in InstallShield – Scenario 2
64-Bit Installation Development in InstallShield – Scenario 3
I have never actually created a pure 64-bit install, as most clients want a dual-purpose one. But, it would be easier than a 32-bit/64-bit installer. Here is how you would do it:
- In the General Information view, INSTALLDIR property, set it to ProgramFiles64Folder or any other 64-bit location.
- In the General Information view, Summary Information Stream section, set the Template Summary property to x64;1033. Note: If you live in a country where English is not the language, you will use a different language code from 1033.
- In the Setup Design view or Components view, for all the Components in your project, set the 64-Bit Component property to Yes.
- In the Redistributables view, select the 64-bit version of the Redistributables you need.
- Make sure all your Assembly files are 64-bit.
In a pure 64-bit installation, you wouldn’t need Release Flags like I explained in the dual-purpose 32-bit/64-bit installation posts. Because of that, your installation will be less complicated.
That’s basically all I can think of. Hopefully, I have not missed something.